After much fretting and relentless checking of all things social media and email I finally received an email from the LOTOJA organizers last Thursday.
They sent me the following email and in bold letters stated...
This email is being sent to inform you that your 2011 LOTOJA application HAS BEEN SELECTED AND YOU HAVE A SPOT IN THIS YEAR'S LOTOJA! We hope you are excited to receive this news!
Woo HOO! Of course I am really excited to be racing LOTOJA again this year. It's going to be a lot of fun. The only downside is that Marc and his dad did not get in so I'll be racing this one solo on behalf of the Norman family. For those of you who don't know what LOTOJA is, it is a 206 mile one day European style bike race from Logan, Utah to Jackson Hole, WY. It's pretty much got a cult following and I am one of the brainwashed riders who think this is the best way to spend a Saturday afternoon!
I got a couple good training rides in this past weekend already and actually feel pretty decent on the bike given my long winter's hibernation from it. Here's hoping for a good summer of training on the bike to make it through my first real solo attempt at LOTOJA!

No comments:
Post a Comment