Tuesday, May 24, 2011

HEY CHICAGO!

So I'm back in Chicago hanging out for a week.  Well, kinda hanging out for a week.  I'm actually here for a series of conferences/seminars at Northwestern University. For the past year I have been apart of a certification program that the Olympic Committee sponsors and Northwestern University administers.  It's been a phenomenal program to be apart of and I've had a great time enjoying all of the lectures that I get to take part in.  Our seminars alternate between being held in Colorado Springs and Chicago.  One of the extra benefits of the conferences being held in Chicago is that I get to spend time with my sister, Jennifer, brother in-law, Scott, but most importantly I get to hang with....HENRY!  The coolest little dude on the planet!  So while I should be blogging about all of the incredible lecturers and interesting things that I'm learning I choose to blog about my adventures with my little buddy! 

Whenever I come into town for a seminar I always plan my trip with a little extra time at the beginning and end to hang out with my favorite little dude.  Hey whatever it takes to maintain the status as coolest, best aunt ever!  Needless to say that when Henry picked me up from the train station he was more than a little bit excited to see me...and yes I was pretty pumped to see him.  We spent all evening playing robots, having dinner, and of course reading stories together before bed time. 

In the morning we got up and played a game of candy land...come on what's better than playing candy land at 6:30 in the morning?  Then we headed out for a special breakfast treat before going to Kids Castle, aka Janet's for the day. 

Hanging in the back on the way to our special breakfast treat!

Welcome to Dinkels, home of some very tasty donuts! 
"Did you know that they have car cookies...they look really good Aunt Catherine."

 Hmmm donuts!  Henry got a powdered sugar donut, but then proceeded to eat half of mine, because mine was chocolate and "chocolate feels so good in my tummy Aunt Catherine!"

A powdered sugar smile!  

In the words of my little friend...good times!  Stay tuned for more from my adventures with the little dude..aka Henry! 

No comments: