Ok so seriously only in the Midwest can you order fish tacos with a side of tater tots and cheese sauce to dip them in. First a disclaimer...I did not order this, BUT I did sample and yes it was freakishly good. I refuse to think about just how terribly unhealthy it was to eat and prefer to focus on the cheesy goodness that it entailed.
Who knew that grilled cheese could make you dance like this! I have to admit the grilled cheese was pretty good too. I had ordered some tortilla soup while we were there, but it was to to spicy for me to eat so I ended up eating the little mans leftovers.
After dinner and dropping off the mommy and little man Scott and I headed out to the game. Fortunately they live pretty close to the field and so we could just walk over. The game was well...an experience? It's been a while since I had been to a baseball game and I have to admit I was a little disappointed. Growing up my dad had season tickets to the Brewers Games...where we were "forced" to attend the games. I always remember there being lots of music and it being somewhat entertaining. Cubs game...no music...at all...not even when the Cubbies were at bat...no wonder their stadium was less than half full.
Now it may not have been just the lack of music it could have been the awesome rainy weather that we were having too. (Or the fact the Cubs WALKED in SEVERAL runs! I'm just saying I'm no baseball
expert...but walking in runs is not going to help the fan base!)
Check out the old school scoreboard. While the Cubs may not have music, or fans, or even a good team they do have a piece of classic baseball history.
I won't lie every time I watch a baseball game I'm always reminded of what Chad once told me during a bike workout. Where he yelled out in the middle, "what the hell am I doing with my life, I could be sitting in left field, spitting sunflower seeds, making millions and I'm on a bike!" Yeah I'm sure this guy is making millions for putting his hand down his pants!
Hmm is it somewhat obvious by this post I'm not a huge baseball fan...well, just so you know I did have a good time at the game, and I'm glad I finally got to sit inside Wrigley Field. But if I had to pick a game to go to...the Brewers are hands done way better. Yes, I'm sure my dad is full of pride right now! Once a Brewers fan always a fan.
No comments:
Post a Comment