FRIDAY FUN DAY!
Whoo Hoo it's Friday which means for the little man he does not go to Janet's today. Normally he has his nanny come and hang out with him while his parents are working, but she was out of town this week. So this of course meant that Henry & Aunt Catherine were going to spend the entire day together! We started our morning off early with a rise and shine game of Candy Land and reading some of his new books that he had just gotten in the mail. (Nothing like a rousing game of Candy Land at 6:30 am.) Oh wait lets back track a bit...little man of course called up onto the top bunk and told me we should get up so that we could play.
After four stories and two games of Candy Land...he won...we went downstairs for breakfast. Cereal bars, milk, and watching a little Curious George and Cat in the Hat. (By this point in time Aunt Catherine was jetting off for some coffee!)
As our morning routine started to complete itself we got dressed and ready to go for our adventure in the city together. Earlier in the week I suggested that we go to the candy store together as I know it is one of his most favorite places to go...he countered back with "Aunt Catherine, how about we go to the toy store.....AND the candy store." Of course I caved into this and we headed off on foot to go to the Toy Store together.
Now lets be clear here I'm not the greatest navigator of Chicago. I swear the locals sense something about me and always know that some how some way this girl just doesn't fit in! Thank goodness that I had my little GPS with me...aka Henry...because he was of course able to tell me exactly which way we needed to go. (Seriously this little dude knows his way around his neighborhood, Wrigley Field, the Toy Store, the doughnut shop, the coffee shop, park, coffee shop....he's pretty much got it all figured out.)
| Interesting hat little dude...I have to admit he took advantage of me. He "claimed he was to tired to walk so I carried him to the toy store at which time he took the opportunity to steal my hat! |
![]() |
| He did show me every single animal figurine they had in the store. |
To the Toy Store store we went. Where we went up and down every aisle so that he could show me everything. It was pretty funny because at one point in time he actually said to me, rather pathetically, "Aunt Catherine...I can't find any toys." Hmm interesting as somehow we walked out of the toy store with a new brownie baking kit, four containers of play dough, glow in the dark spider man stickers, and (my pick) SLIME! Yeah I was really concerned that we weren't going to find anything at the toy store.
![]() |
| A very successful trip to a toy store, congrats kid you got your Aunt to buy you everything you wanted and then some! |
![]() |
| We stopped at Dinkels for a quick refuel of chocolate milk and a mini cookie, and of course brought home some surprises for mommy & daddy. |
All and all a successful trip out together with lots of fun, good times, and my favorite quote from the weekend..."Aunt Catherine you crack me up!" That's right kiddo stick with me and good things happen!




No comments:
Post a Comment