Friday, May 27, 2011

Adventures of Henry & Aunt Catherine: Part 3

DATE NIGHT!

I know being the greatest Aunt ever is such a hard job! Yesterday I offered to hang out with the little man so Jen & Scott could go out for dinner.  Given the fact that 2.0 is on the way very soon I figured it could be one of the last few chances that Jen & Scott might have to go out before living a life of crying, middle of the night feedings, diapers, and ohh yes keeping up with a very busy little dude. I also noticed that upon my offer, they were pretty quick to get out the door.  Hmmm was there something that I wasn't aware of that I was getting myself into. 
Is there something wrong with toys being all over the house?
Pretty much when I come to town the little guy and I hang 24/7 and all the rules and regulations are lost.  Yes I have a knack for "breaking" him, and he loves every minute of it! (Well, so do I!) Since Jen & Scott left as fast as they could, the little man and I got to have a date night with the little dude.  We had an exciting evening of building what he likes to call inventions (with his Legos), eating chicken nuggets for dinner, and watching Princess and the Frog. 
Yeah nothing like eating some frozen chocolate covered bananas already after our bed time!
The kicker is that in our action packed date night we started running a little late and bed time began quickly approaching. The only problem with this is that we were only 5 minutes into our movie.  Hmmm problem?!?  Not when you ware hanging with Aunt Catherine, we changed into our pj's and continued watching with our heads on a pillow and tucked under a blanket.  I thought for sure the kid would eventually fall asleep while watching the movie...hmm no such luck. 
Watching my movie, with my pj's on, and a full sippy cup...good times!
Suddenly while we were watching the movie we heard the garage door open and knew...THE PARENTS were home.  I tried to convince Henry that we needed to run up the stairs to bed, he thought it would be a better idea to stay on the sofa and hide under the blanket.  Clearly the mind of a 3 1/2 year old working here.  He hasn't quite figured out how to fool the parents yet.  So yeah the mom walked in and yes...we were totally busted! 
No chance this kid is falling asleep during the movie!
Ohh well!  It was totally fun and totally worth it, because come on people....of course I was going to let the little dude stay up 1 1/2 hours past bed time.  (Is anyone really all that shocked?)  I'm the coolest Aunt in the world and that's just the way I role!
Nothing better than a Henry Aunt Catherine Date Night!

No comments: