Friday, April 29, 2011

One of those days

Normally when I write on this post it is always about how much I LOVE living on the mountain...well today the mountain and I seemed to be at WAR with one another.  Norman left early for the factory...aka work, and I was getting ready to leave about an hour later for a nerd squad meeting...aka study group for final exams.  When I went out to my snowmobile I had my computer, my gear to run later on, and I was planning to come back to the house and shower before the annual volunteer appreciation dinner at the oval.  Little did I know that my Cadillac snowmobile and I were going to be at WAR with one another..full on WAR.  I got her started, made sure she wasn't sticking to the fresh snow in any way and proceeded to put her in reverse...when instead of moving backward...she started moving downward.  Not to worry I was aware of what to do...gently drive her forward and back to get a little track set in on the new snow so she had somewhere to go.  Forward....back....down.....at which point I am now having to pick up my snowmobubble out of the hole I have now dug and start this whole process over.  After about 30 minutes of this little routine, throw in at one point in time I almost drove it off the edge of the drive way, and my back is now fubared...I had enough.  I put on my skis and started skinning out our drive way...to ski down our uber bumpy road...to get on the four wheeler...to get in my car...to arrive an hour plus late for my nerd squad session.  I have to admit today was just one of those days....

Hopefully tomorrow is better...could be the last powder day of the year...that will be fun!

No comments: