Thursday, March 24, 2011

Ode to the fUN-employed!














Graduation is finally getting closer and closer, and of course the ever present question of what's next is looming.  It's definitely interesting out there in the real world, and I'm getting ready to enter it.  Yikes !  My only caveat with joining the real world is I just want a gig that I am actually going to enjoy.  Hmm those jobs seem to be few and far that is for sure. Always a challenge to find something that you are actually excited and passionate about.  I have applied for a few jobs and even went for an interview yesterday.  I think it went well, but then again I was told that they did have 150 applicants for the position! Yikes again, for someone who has spent their life skating around and around in circles it is not an easy to stand out in the corporate world.  The job yesterday was for an event planner position with a local company here in town.  Perhaps my will to execute the perfect dinner party is finally going to be paying off.  Who knows.  I am keeping my fingers crossed a little bit because I think it would be a great job here in town, that I would find fun.  I did enjoy the interview yesterday and I got a good vibe/initial impression from the people who interviewed me too.  I should find out in a couple of weeks as to whether or not I am offered this job.  Until then I've applied for a couple of other positions and am keeping my eye open for anything else that might intrigue me.

No comments: