As many of you know I am currently hammering away at school. One of my classes is called social media analysis. I know what you all are thinking...great she is spending tons of time on Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and Linkedin. Well, yes I am on all media platforms and living up to one of the many names Norman likes to call me, Youtwitface, really one of the least endearing names he has for me!
I will admit, I am actually working on legit aspects of social media. Currently I am working with another girl in my class to create a social media plan for Silver Creek Animal Clinic, located up in Park City. I'm also working with a group of classmates on a blog for Friends of Animals of Utah.Social media is the newest "flavor of the week" with regards to marketing, but really it is a key component of IMC (Integrated Marketing Communications.) Basically it is all about combining old medias with all of the available resources that are available through social media...hence the integration. Social media plans are basically the business plans for providing your social media content.
We have had quite a few guest speakers come in this semester, the majority of which their whole job is social media applications for businesses. Crazy to think that you can actually get paid for being a Youtwitface!
If you are interested in following our groups blog the address is the following:
www.masscomm5690.blogspot.com
My individual contributions will be posted on:
www.spring11comm4550.blogspot.com

No comments:
Post a Comment