After a week of a whole lot of no fun, I opted in for a whole lot of fun today. We have had some amazing weather this past week here in SLC. Today it hit 50+ degrees up on the mountain, which meant Yeti Norman and I headed out for a snow shoe!
Some one was extremely happy to head out for a little hike.

Our tracks headed up along the ridge line. I haven't been doing much snow shoeing this year, primarily because I try to get out and ski more often. Although I have to admit, I had lost the love for snow shoeing this winter. In my massive attempt to get my degree done as fast as possible, I realized at the start of the semester I was going to be 2 credit hours short. So to fill it in I of course opted for doing a parks and recreation class of snow shoeing. I figured, I like to snow shoe so I might as well get credit for it. Oh my goodness it was the most painfully boring experience every! I have never walked so slow before in my entire life! ( I swear I walk faster through the grocery store when I am completely zoned out to the world...and those who know me, when I zone out...I move as fast as a pygmy sloth!) I know some of you might think I am exaggerating right now...but I am not. It took us 6 hours one day to walk...4 miles. Absolutely brutal, the only thing that got me through the 3 sessions was the guarantee of 2 credit hours. A result of this drudgery was that it was so miserable that I had lost the love for snow shoeing.

Thankfully today's beautiful weather, great snow shoe, and fantastic canine companion has rekindled my love for the snow shoe. Hope to get plenty more trips in before all the snow melts!
Yes he is doing his favorite thing rolling in the snow...if you enlarge the picture you can see that he actually rolled his way down the mountain to me.
On top of the ridge line. A gorgeous day !
No comments:
Post a Comment