Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Awesome Article in the NY TIMES!
Every day I get news updates from the NY Times on my email. This morning the headlines consisted of, the possibility of the nuclear reactor in Japan over heating, stocks opening low (we never like this type of headline), and my favorite headline of the morning..."Forget the Treadmill. Get a Dog." I couldn't agree more! The article focuses on how studies have shown that dogs can help increase motivation for exercise.
I will be the first one to admit, there are times where I would much rather hang around the house than get out an exercise. Although, Yeti is always a great little motivator to get out and go. He is quite consistent with his tip - tapping toes, and nose nudges, that are a clear indicator of him saying, "Hello owner, I need attention, let's go!" Always a sucker for caving into anything he wants, I head out with him. I am always thankful for his encouragement when I am a little under-motivated. I love nothing more than taking our canine for a hike, run, ski, or even bike. (Although, Yeti doesn't really enjoy doing running intervals!) And yes his tail, seems to wag much faster whenever we head out for some humane canine play time!
Attached is the article for your own reading enjoyment. Remember to get out and go with your canine, even though they may have an advantage with four - wheel drive, spending a little time together is beneficial for each of you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I completely agree. I can't imagine how few miles I'd have under my feet if it weren't for the pups. Plus, nothing makes me happier than seeing my dogs have a good time :)
Post a Comment