Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Big Day, September 4, Sunset, Red Cliffs Lodge

Well the big day had finally arrived.  Marc and I started our day off in of course a non traditional manor.  Keeping with the laid back theme we had going on, we meet all of our friends for breakfast on the morning of our wedding.  Of course it was at the Jail House Cafe again, because there is no better place in Moab for the breakfast of Champions!  

Our game plan for the day was pretty simple grab some grub, go for a ride, and then get hitched.  We were pretty much on schedule with everything when we realized....we kinda needed to go and get a marriage license that day to make it legal.  So off to the county clerks office our whole gang went.  Marc and I went into the office filed out the paper work, paid our $46 dollars (pretty sure it was the best $46 dollars I ever spent), and while we waited for everything to be processed got changed for our rides.  

Once we had all of our paper work squared away, at which point I realized wow this thing is really going to happen, we met up with everyone in our groups and got ready to go.  The guys took off in the trucks to go and do some gnarly mountain bike ride up in the LaSalles, and us girls headed out on our road bikes to Arches National Park.  Kelly Frye, Sheri Davis, Shannon Sibold, and myself hopped on our bikes and cycled through Arches on a gorgeous day.  It really is one of the most beautiful rides I have every done.  It was so wonderful to be able to do such a nice ride with great friends on such an important day for me.  Thanks girls for coming along.

After the ride we scooted back to the hotel to wash up, and then I headed out back to town to meet my mom and sister at the Atomic Salon in town.   I of course was late from the ride to my appointment, but Rebecca our stylist was so understanding and knew that getting to ride the morning of my wedding was more important than any hair style.  The only kicker was that in my rush to get to Rebecca on time, I forgot Sibs, yes my best friend I forgot, but I remembered to bring Yeti with!  He was sitting at the door all sad faced and floppy eared.  I realized that I couldn't leave him in the hotel, and so I grabbed his leash, got him in the car, and drove off forgetting to grab Sibold too!  About half way to town I realized what I had done, but had to keep on driving otherwise I would have completely missed my appointment with Rebecca. Thank god for Shannon Rempel because she was able to step in with her fashionista ways and help Sibold get ready for the wedding.  Sorry Sibs, if it makes you feel any better Yeti had a complete freak out at the salon because of the tile floor.

Once we were all set my sister and I headed over to the local coffee joint in town to grab a cup of joe.  I was needing a little caffeine boost before this evenings festivities.  From there we jumped into Bessy, aka the GPS XLT aka my car, and drove back to Red Cliffs.  

Now it was time to get ready for the big show.  Well not really much had to be done I just needed to get into my dress, and get this party started. Below is what everyone has been waiting for...pictures from our wedding. 

Sibold and I right before the wedding in my cabin.  
Jane helping my Dad get dolled up right before the wedding.
I guess we can call this the public notice to all that the Raney Norman wedding was really going to happen. 
Mayor Dave, Marc, Shawn Frye, Scott Schoenbek, and Yeti Norman all waiting up at the alter before the start of the wedding.
My Dad walking me to the alter.  One of those great father daughter moments. Thanks pops for being there for me.   


No comments: