Sunday, May 27, 2012

Kitchen Diaries - Busy Busy Week!

Hey People!

Sorry for the delay this week in updates and photos, it's been super busy on the kitchen front. 
The electrician finished almost everything by the end of last week and the drywaller came and started working on Tuesday.  He was supposed to start on Monday, but pushed us back a day and for a girl who likes to stay on schedule this kinda messed things up a bit.  It took him two days to install all the drywall in the kitchen and on the ceiling.  Once he finished up I swung into action for my big part in this little kitchen reno.  Painting! Yes, my past of having worked in department 24, aka the paint department of Home Depot, came into play!  I ended up sealing and painting the walls and ceilings.  It wouldn't have been so bad had it not been for all of our beams in the ceiling that I had to cut in around.  Oh and the fact that once I got the paint on the walls Marc and I weren't too fond of the color.  We ended up getting a new color yesterday, which we are much more pleased with.  

It seems as though this kitchen becomes more and more sparse each day
Like I said, I've been running a pretty tight schedule with the contractors.  Since the drywaller pushed me back a day, I ended up having to push our flooring install by a day. Thank goodness I did that because we would have been pulling some serious renovation all nighters. Once everything was painted (and repainted) we cleaned and re stained all of the ceiling beams.  Followed by relocating things like appliances, sofa, and temporary shelving so that the flooring guy had all the space he needed. Seriously we totally look like sandford and son with stove and dishwasher on the deck, followed by random demo stuff all over the driveway, dishes in the tub, and the refrigerator now relocated to the mud room.  Marc laughs at me because I am constantly saying..."Well it looks like we are getting closer and making progress."  While we are on the upswing, progress seems to be slow.

The flooring all laid out ready for install.
 (Did I mention that my drywaller was like 7 plus feet tall aka giant, and my flooring guys nickname is squirrel! Hilarious, but I have yet to call him squirrel to his face.)

And of course today of all days it is snowing up here!  Yes life in the mountains is always an adventure.

No comments: