Guten Morgen! Viele Grusse aus Erfurt, Deutschland!
English: Good Morning! Many greetings from Erfurt, Germany.
I just arrived her in Germany on Friday morning, and am still adjusting to jet leg. (To be honest I'm not doing a great job with that right now!) I woke up early this morning and thought it would be good to go for an early morning walk (rather than lying in bed staring at the ceiling) and take some pictures. (My husband should be so proud of me for doing this.) Erfurt is an amazing city! It is probably one of my most favorite cities to come to when racing and it's been a couple of years since my last stop here. Erfurt is a beautiful city with a preserved medieval city center and is the site where Martin Luther was ordained.
My favorite shops are of course on this street. There is the famous Chocolatier! The mustard shop, an incredible wine shop, a beautiful tea shop, and plenty of antique and specialty artisan shops! Trust me I made sure to travel light and with plenty of room to spare in my luggage for this trip!
It was really beautiful this morning and there was hardly anyone out on the streets. The bakeries were all just opening with incredible pastries and fresh bread.
Looking back on the Kramerbrucke Strasse. On either end of the street there is a church.
Here is one of the many beautiful city centers in Erfurt. Laura our team therapist has decided that I should have my own personal travel cooking show because every time we go someplace I always tip her off to all the great places to grab a taste of the local flare. The building on the far right is an amazing bakery! ( I ate one of the best pieces of cake there in my entire life!)
Hopefully you can enlarge these pictures because you have to look at the detail on the red building. It looks as though it is undergoing some renovation on the inside...it was formally a pretty good pizzaria. The detail on the building is amazing and really shows the care and craftsmanship that were put into these buildings.
These photos below are pictures of the Kramerbrucke Strasse. (The old bridge street.) It's a bridge that was built in the 14th century over a little river. It houses several residences and small shops.
Keep checking out the blog because I promise I'll make sure to post plenty of pictures from Erfurt. It is such a beautiful city that I want to share it with all of you.
2 comments:
Guten Morgen! Viele Grusse aus Utah. The pictures are great! It looks like a interesting place to explore and look at old buildings. How early is it there?.... because it almost looks a little spooky with nobody on the streets. Have fun and bring back lots of chocolate!
-Cruz & Shawn
Guten Abend, Ich muss meine schriff vieter schreiben. Because I messed up the first time and I have to re write what I said originally and now I have to think German again !!!
Loved seeing the pics from Erfurt. It is one of the great unknown cities of Germany. Great food, great sites and quaint... at least this area was great when we were there.
Hope you had a shop-ertunity while you are there. Isn't this where your favorite cooking shop is ???
Love, MOM
Post a Comment