Sunday, January 18, 2009

Fresh Air

Today Yeti and I went on a little snow shoe adventure.  It has been absolutely gorgeous up here at the Mt. House.  In the valley there is a massive inversion going on and no end to it coming anytime soon.  This is causing the valley to fill up with smog and pollution, and the inversion keeps it all in along with colder air.  But for us at the Mt. House it is blue skies and warm temperatures.  We hit 45 degrees today!  So Yeti and I headed out trekking in the snow behind the house and into the sunshine.  He was a little tired today do to his epic ski tour yesterday with Marc and Schoenbek, and so I was having to break the trail this time for the two of us.
I stopped to take off my jacket because it was crazy warm outside and Yeti of course started rolling in the snow....perhaps he was overheating too.
A picture of the Mountains and you can see the smog and pollution hanging in the air! 
Yeti and I hung out on a rock band up on the hillside enjoying the sunshine.  But after hearing more than a couple of rustling noises in the trees behind us I figured it was a good idea to start heading for home!
Aspen field at the end of our driveway.
Yeti and I back at the house after our little tour.  It was so beautiful outside that I cranked the radio and settled in to catch some rays. (Ha! Can you believe it, January, and I am out worshiping the sun Gods!)   It's days like this that remind me just how lucky I am to live in such a beautiful place.  

1 comment:

Utah Peterson's said...

Hmmmm. Pretty jealous right now. It's pretty sad to look at that picture of the inversion and know that i am sitting in that right now. Yuck!!