This past weekend Marc and I were fortunate enough to have two very special people come and visit us up at the house. J.T. Kearney and Ross Flowers came up for dinner. I'm not going to lie I was especially excited to have the two of them up for dinner. J.T. and Ross both work for the USOC and I guess indirectly work with me(?) Ross and J.T work for the USOC...Ross is the official Mental Manager (aka sport psych) of many athletes including yours truly, and J.T. works in the Sport Performance Services Division...i.e. he can tell me how many watts to push on a bike, what my lung capacity is, and that living up here on my mountain is good for my athletic performance !
The reason that I was so excited to have them up for dinner is because it is not often that I get to have people up from the USOC to wine and dine. It was a fantastic evening with no shop talk! (An incredible feat for us all!) Just an evening getting to enjoy one another's company. One of the things that I am truly thankful for with all of my experiences of skating is that I have had the opportunity to meet and work with many amazing people. J.T. and Ross are two of those people. I have worked with J.T. for over 10 years! How crazy is that! Even though Ross and I have only been working together for a couple of years...lets just say he is on speed dial! Both of these guys are extremely important to my success as an athlete, but above all I value their advice, trust, and friendship. It was my pleasure to be able to spend such a fantastic evening with them, and hope that they will come back again soon!
J.T. has everything under control here!
There are many ways that I can describe JT, and one of those adjectives is Burley. I was a little worried about getting these guys up to the house...after all it is always an adventure. I had no doubt that J.T. would be up to and could handle the challenge. Ross on the other hand I was a little worried about. Mr. Track and Field is not exactly a lover of cold weather, and I knew that our ride up would be interesting...especially since I thought it would be fun to try and tip us over on the snowmobile. It's all good though because I let Mr. Flowers drive down and he just about bounced me off the snowmobile! Good times were certainly had by all!


Ross kicking back and chilling...this is the caddy of all snowmobiles! Ross should feel right at home!
Ross and J.T. getting ready to head back down to the valley. Take your guess at who is Mr. City and who is the Mt. Man of these two!
No comments:
Post a Comment