
Yesterday, my roommate, Becca Bradford, and I went and snooped around the town some. She has never been here before, and so I was fortunate enough to be her tour guide. It was fun getting to show her around. We stopped in children's toy store, where all the toys are made from wood. She bought an awesome mobile because she is going to become an Aunt again very soon. Afterwards we wandered down to the Tee (tea) Shop here in town.

I'm not a huge tea drinker, but this place is amazing. It smells absolutely incredible the second you walk into the shop. The lady who runs the shop is very nice and was excited to practice her English on us. (I spoke German to her and she English to me.) I ended up getting a couple of different types of tea and then stumbled upon the HOMEMADE gummy bears! Hey when in Germany you must get gummy bears. There are plenty of gummies headed to the Mt. House so feel free to visit!

After I left the tea shop I headed to the Chocolatier (again) to meet the girls for a cup of hot cocoa! Along the way I ran into Sugi! He is a Japanese skater who came to Salt Lake City this summer to train with our team. Sugi is great and so of course I grabbed a quick shot of he and I on the street together.

Hmmm chocolate....this time I ordered mine with cinnamon in it! Delicious!

The Girls and I! Kristina Groves, myself, and Clara Hughes. The three of us used to train together when I lived in Calgary. So great to get to meet them for hot cocoa and have a little girl chat. We don't get to do this on a regular basis like we used to and I love it when we have any opportunity to meet up.
1 comment:
I am definitely taking a trip to Germany with you sometime!!! My mouth is watering for the Hot Chocolate, not to mention having you as a tour guide would be awesome!
Post a Comment