Saturday, November 8, 2008

Racing

I started off my World Cup Season with a 500m!  I'm sure that many of you are surprised that I have now switched my specialty to sprint; things in the longer races haven't been working out for me so I thought I might just change my whole direction.  I think I have plenty of time before the Vancouver Games to figure this one out.  I like to take on challenges.

Psych!  

Well kinda, I did actually start off with a 500, but it was only for fun.  We had an open spot in one of the races this weekend and I thought it would be a good warm up race for my 3k.  I didn't know I was racing until a couple of hours before dinner the night before.  I had already practiced twice, and had done like 50+ laps on the morning session.  Normally before a 500 I do at least one sprint practice in the week leading up to it, and several "faster" workouts, but this was not the case with this race.  Keep in mind I have no natural sprint ability at all in me; I need all the help I can get out there when it comes to sprinting.   It's not like I set the track ablaze, but I am happy to announce that I did not get last.  

So, the first World Cup Race is done and out of the way.  Two more to go for the weekend, and the way I see it, it can only get better from here. 

I'll write more about my other races later.  Hope that everyone is doing well.

No comments: