Wednesday, November 5, 2008

One of the Best Coffee Shops in America!

I'm still a bit behind in my postings, but thought you all might enjoy...

For the past couple of weeks my team and I have been coming to Milwaukee for training camps. It is part of our preparation for the Games in Vancouver.  Vancouver is at sea level and has slow ice; making Milwaukee an ideal training location for us.  Each time we go many of the skaters complain about Milwaukee...why do they have to hate on a sister's home town?  So I've made it a point to try and show them some of Milwaukee's better sides.  Normally I like to keep my local hot spots to myself, but in an effort to show my team that Milwaukee really is... the good land....I'm showing them around.  

The best coffee in all of Milwaukee and probably one of the coolest coffee shops that I have ever been to is Alterra Coffee on the lake front.  Their motto there is, "Strong coffee delivers big flavor, and it's flavor that makes coffee worth drinking."  Can I get a halleluja to strong coffee! They have several locations across the greater Milwaukee area, but the one that I love the most is located downtown on the lake front.  It is the old Milwaukee River flushing stations built in 1888, and now the coolest coffee shop in America!  
Below is a link to Alterra....hopefully I get the link thing right...but if ever in Milwaukee and you need a cup of joe there is no better place than Alterra.  A little piece of advice from a local.

PS. If you become addicted they will ship beans to you monthly!