Monday, October 6, 2008

What can you find in Idaho? Hello Kitty!

About two weeks ago Marc and I decided to take a road trip up to Idaho.  Did you know that you can find onions, spuds, and SNOW CATS in Idaho?  Marc and I finally decided that we needed to take our old snow kitty back to where we bought it from (in Idaho) and try to get a newer one.  We agreed that while a snow kitty was a luxury for us to have up on the mountain; in order for us to continue living here we needed to make our lives as easy as possible. The snow kitty certainly makes our lives easier in the winter.

It was an epic adventure trying to load and unload our snow cat on and off the trailer.  It was clear that the original kitty did not want to leave our house.  It of course would not start when we were trying to load it onto the trailer.  Once we finally got it started, kitty and our truck did not get along so well, with Kitty trying to kill our truck.  (I'm just going to leave it at that for this part of the story.)  Eventually about 5 hours later then what we wanted we were on the road headed towards Idaho.  

We arrived late in the evening, and spent the night in Boise.  Luckily for us we found a pet friendly Hampton Inn and Yeti did not have to spend the night in his mobile home.  Marc and I had a lazy morning as our appointment at Sales Unlimited (i.e. Land of the Snow Kittys) was not until 2 pm.  

Upon arriving at Sales Unlimited I was blown away at how many snow kitty's were there. Huge Cats for the ski resorts, average size cat's for utility companies, and some mini's for cabin access.  We were greeted by Bill, the owner of Land of the Snow Kitty's, and he showed us all the various Kitty's that he had.  He let us test drive a couple, and Marc checked out the engine on them too.  Marc had his heart set on a Pisten Bully, diesel, 10 passenger snow kitty, but it was a bit out of  our price range.  Eventually we settled on a similar cat to what we used to have, but it was in much better condition than our original kitty.  (Original Kitty had 5000+ hours on it, and New Kitty has just over 500! Pretty big difference here.)  New Kitty is way cleaner, purrs much better, and seats 5 people!  That's right...now when we have guests come and visit they no longer run the risk of walking up to our house!  (When I sat it it the first time I of course thought how much easier it was going to be to get groceries and the dog up to the house.)

I just want to take one last moment and thank everyone who "donated" to the newly formed Norman Family.  We used all of your donations to help us pay for our New Kitty.  Thank you again, and I hope that everyone enjoys the pictures.

Marc and Yeti on Sunday morning, in Boise, in front of our Original Kitty.  
Our poor truck!  Our truck was working pretty hard  to pull Original Kitty back to Idaho.  Kitty is a full figured girl weighing about 9000 lbs!  Needless to say our truck was getting a little warm from pulling her all the way from SLC.
Welcome to the Sales Unlimited Main office....or as I like to call it Land of the Snow Kittys!

HELLO NEW KITTY! 
She is super nice, and seats 5!  We are looking forward to many more visitors this winter!

So long to the Original Kitty.  For the most part she was good to us, and always came through when we really needed her.  I felt compelled to take this picture, because I felt like I was leaving behind my first car!  

No comments: