Wednesday, October 8, 2008
One last bit about the Wedding...Extravaganza!
Yes I know, I'm sure everyone is like what else could I write about pertaining to our wedding? Well I have yet to write about our reception that we had back in Elm Grove. With Marc and I both being from the Midwest we knew that it would be a lot to ask all of our friends and family to fly all the way out to Salt Lake. Therefore we decided to have a reception back in the Midwest so that we could include everyone in celebrating our wedding. We planned a dinner, hosted at my parents house, under the stars. Unfortunately the stars did not come out that night, but rather a few raindrops. Rain or shin this was yet another fantastic evening. It was so nice for Marc and I to get to see all of our friends and family living in the bread basket of America!
Myself and Joyce Jacobs. It was so nice to have her there...this is a lady full of Southern wisdom, and she gave her approval of Marc!
My parents Peggy and Dick (sitting) with their best friends Jane Reed (my godmother) and Jerry Steinberg. Jane and Jerry were the maid of honor and best man at my parents wedding 35 years ago! It is really great to have them there to celebrate my wedding too!
Marc and I cutting our "wedding cake." I knew my mother had something up her sleeve! She stated that in order for it to be official we needed to have a wedding cake. After all of her help and hard work that she put into our wedding I had to give her this! So Marc and I (the anti-traditionalist) cut the cake! And might I add it was a delicious cake! Chocolate cake with a raspberry filling...nice work Peggy. Also I have to give a shout out to my brother in-law Scott...he picked out all the amazing deserts that we had that evening. Thank goodness he likes to sample! Nice work Scottie!
One of the best parts about our little reception in Milwaukee is that it was the first time that I got to spend time with all the Norman's and Co.! Unfortunately Marc and I have not been able to make it back to Michigan, and I promise that trip is coming soon. I expect dinner at the infamous Green Lantern! It was so nice to have all of his and my new family come to Elm Grove and get to spend the weekend together. It was the first time for me to get to meet many of his relatives, but more importantly his nieces, Carly and Tiffany, his sister Kelly, and brother in-law Jaime. Thank you for coming all the way to Wisconsin!
Marc and his nieces Carly and Tiffany. It was nice to know that the girls still remembered what their uncle looked like!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment