Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Great Halloween Pumpkin Patch!


It's the Great Pumpkin Patch!  For the past week I have been in Milwaukee training and preparing for a qualification meet that I have next weekend.  It's always nice for me to come and skate in Milwaukee especially since I am one of the lucky skaters that has family here. Each time we come to Milwaukee my family and I always make a point of trying to have my team over for dinner.  My family knows how much I hate to stay in a hotel, eat out, and be stuck in one place all the time.  When the skaters come to town we try hard to rescue them from the black hole of hotel life and have them over for a "home" cooked meal. 

This afternoon we had a great bbq, but also since Halloween is nearing we all carved pumpkins. I thought this would be fun for everyone since normally we are traveling during this holiday and we do not get to celebrate it.  It seemed as though everyone enjoyed carving pumpkins, and it was the first real American tradition that my coaches Bart and Angela got to experience.  I'm glad that we were able to have everyone over for a nice, fun, relaxing Sunday.

Chad was having a good time scooping out the guts from his pumpkin.  He kept saying this was good practice for him because he was going to have to teach his little girl in the future how to carve a pumpkin.
Laura focused on her pumpkin!
Chad, Laura, and I all admiring our pumpkins.
Bart seemed all to comfortable handling a knife...we are all know very scared!

2 comments:

TD said...

are my tax dollars paying these skaters?

Catherine Raney - Norman said...

incredible what world class athletes can accomplish huh! No tax dollars yet, but technically I do qualify for food stamps!