Friday, April 13, 2012

Registered!

I finally pulled the trigger this evening and registered for hopefully my third LOTOJA!  I was hesitant to register mainly because I was feeling guilty about all of the moolla we are spending on our kitchen right now.  But one of my long term goals is to ride LOTOJA 10 years in a row!  That means that my 10th LOTOJA would be on my 40th birthday!  Not a bad way to celebrate I guess, but thankfully that is a long way off.

This evening I registered under our traditional name of Team Yeti and I'm excited to really start training again for it this year.  For those of you who are asking yourselves what is LOTOJA  it stands for LOgan (Utah) TO JAckson (Hole, Wyoming.) Its a 206 mile day race crossing 3 states and is the longest single day race sanctioned by USCF.  It is EPIC!  Check out the elevation map below and you will see just how much climbing and how brutal it can be all in one day!
Last year I ended up having to race it solo.  You see it's a lottery process to get into LOTOJA no guarantees.  So I am keeping my fingers crossed that I get in again this year. I am also hoping that Marc and Shawn make it in again because it was a lot of fun getting to ride with them the first time.  We also have a mysterious 4th rider on Team Yeti this year.  Should be interesting if this person makes it in too!


Send us all good juju and luck for the lottery!  Because I love me some LOTOJA!





No comments: