Thursday, April 26, 2012

Kitchen Remodel - It's a GO!

So for those of you that follow my random posts on Facebook, you have probably figured out that we are going to remodel our kitchen in the coming weeks/months.  I have to admit I am very excited about this! (And Marc is too!)  We have now lived in our little house on the mountain for 5 years or in Mt. Aire terms 5 winters. For the most part I would say that we have loved every minute of being here. We have made moderate changes to the house over these years, but this is our first big/major interior remodel that we are doing.  It's going to be pretty fantastic!


As of today I have secured the install of our kitchen cabinets for the second week of June. This gives us plenty of time to get the hardwood flooring installed, drywall hung, walls painted, plumbing, and electrical all figured out, as well as final decisions on exactly what style of cabinets, granite, and tile we are going to go with.  Wow listing this all of sounds like quite a lot!  Marc and I are doing some of the work, but will leave lots of the major installs to the professionals.


I am going to post a couple of pictures of our current kitchen. I guess you could call these the official "before" pictures.  Lots of changes are going to happen!  All I can say is so long little kitchen, you and your pink tiles have served us well, but it's now time for you to go!


Stay tuned for more kitchen updates as things start to progress! 


 So if you are wondering what the blue tape is all over the place. I have been slightly obsessed with "laying out" our new kitchen.  I have laid out the island, where the counters are going to cut in, to even where the lights are going to be placed.  The other night I ran out of blue tape and was slightly crushed!  But it does give me a good idea of what to expect.  It's pretty funny that's for sure.


Blue tape on the floor...it's been there now for about 5 weeks! 


PS - Flooring is supposed to get here tomorrow!

No comments: