Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Intern Life

So I've had a real J O B for one week...and surprisingly I am still committed to coming back on Monday...for now.  I have to admit the division that I am working in is pretty incredible.  I am working in International Games...essentially we try to provide a perfect environment for the athlete when the games come.  When I say games I am not only talking about Olympic, but also Para-Olympic, Pan Am, and Youth Olympic Games.  All in all I feel pretty confident that this is going to be a great experience to learn the ops of the other side of a games.

Now while I have made it through my first week and I am still committed to showing up again on Monday I won't lie week one has had some mishaps and fears exposed.  Which of course I'm not to shy to share with you all!

Mishap #1 - On day one we were all issued our badges and security cards for the downtown building.  I went to go, to one of the other levels and run an errand for my group, so I just headed down the stairs.  The second the door shut, I remembered, my security badge had not been activated yet.  Essentially I was now locked in the stair well of headquarters....great...on my first day too!  Brutal!  I got lucky though because someone from HR was touring around a new hire and I was able to ask her to let back up to the 5th floor.  Never dull that is for sure!

Phobia #1 - My division LOVES with a passion...Excel.  I have entered into my own little excel hell here! I'm totally willing to work around my phobia but yes I will be going to Barnes & Nobel this weekend to get a tutorial book! 

So yes for all my mishaps and phobia's I have every intention of coming back on Monday...for right now! I would however greatly appreciate it if I could somehow create my own little episode of the office.  I swear it would absolutely be hilarious a real ratings booster for the USOC...guaranteed!

No comments: