
This past spring I had the opportunity to meet up with several of my good friends from the great white north...aka Canada. The first pair to come through were Clara and Peter. They were on their way to the start of their own epic adventure in Mammoth, CA, and were going to stop in at the Mt. House on their drive down. I won't lie I was really pumped that they were going to stop in. Since Norman and I moved into our house I've been hoping to get Clara and Peter here because of all my friends in Calgary I knew that they would appreciate it the most. Clara and I share the same love of the mountains and truly appreciate all of their beauty, serenity, and activities that they afford. Clara and Peter have their own little slice of heaven in the hills and woods of Glen Sutton, Quebec and so of course I was excited to have them come and see ours.
Clara and Peter got in late in the evening and so Marc and I had to shuttle them up in the evening on the snowmobiles...certainly jumping in to the real Mt. House experiance. We spent the first day at the house in beautiful weather and sunshine and snowshoed up to the peak of Mt. Aire. It was a gorgeous day and sooo much fun! In the evening we headed down to the valley so that they could meet some of our friends at the Pedro's Team dinner. It was fun for me to get to introduce my "old" friends to some of my "new" friends. Everyone in SLC hears me talk about my friends in Calgary and this gave me a chance to prove to them all that my Calgary Crew really does exist!

Clara and Peter's visit was just awesome...so many great things to write about...Marc and Peter a.k.a Pedro a.k.a Man with Swift Foot that makes Green Grass Grow...really hit it off. (Come on people you all know I have ridiculous nicknames for basically every person I meet!) They have the common bond of sharing the soul of a real mountain man. For me the best part of their visit was getting to spend some quality time with Clara. I really miss getting to go for coffee with her and just talk. Clara has had a major impact on me as a skater and a person. I have to admit I certainly look up to her and view her not only as a friend but as a mentor too. She has taught me soo much, but most importantly to believe in, love, and enjoy what I am doing. All things that make not only a successful athlete, but just as weird as it may sound a happy person.
So in a closing note....Hughes and Pedro come back soon!
1 comment:
RANEY NORMAN CATHERINE MARC AND YETI, TOO!
We miss you guys.... super bummed at being here in Calgary when we know how awesome your mountain casa is. Wish we were there- save a house for us in March 2010!!
Lots of love clara and peter
Post a Comment