Sunday, May 17, 2009

Epic Desert Fat Camp...Part 4....Is there Snow in Snow Canyon?

For our final days of our epic camp we moved to Snow Canyon located in St. George, UT. No snow here...strictly desert. And it was beautiful! Mr. Norman had taken me to Snow Canyon a couple of times to do some biking, hiking, and climbing and I have always loved it. I knew that this would be the perfect place to finish up with our epic camp. We finally had some seriously warm temperatures which meant we were finally going to get some sun! Sibs rode both days that we were there, but I only made it one more day on my bike. As my doctor put it...I had encountered "a tour de france riders worst nightmare!" So I spent the second day doing what I do best...a massive run through the desert at high noon! Good times.
This is a pic of our campsite. Absolutely beautiful perfect location for some bouldering. It was such a great campsite, but unfortunatly since we were only spending one night there we opted for sleeping out under the stars in the bed of the truck. Poor Sibold she was a real trooper on this trip as she froze her arse off everynight. But yet the desert chill has not detered her from proclaiming that "camping is her natural habitat!" (This coming from a girl who's first time camping was on this trip.)
The road we descended on our bikes to our campsite. Not too shabby scenary.
Another pic of the road from a bit higher up.
Desert Cactus in bloom. It was amazing to see all of the different desert flowers in bloom while I was out on my run.

No comments: