The first night we stayed at the Lily Lake Yurt. An incredibly beautiful area in the Uinta's! For the most part Carrie and I snowshoed with our furry friends, while the guys skied the back country. We carried in all of our food for our time there and each one of us took a day to prepare meals.
Troy and Norman chopping wood for the stove inside of the yurt. Yeti helped out too by carrying it inside for us! We had to use a wood burning stove to keep the yurt warm. It took us a while to get the hang of managing the temperatures, but it wasn't uncommon for us to go from 86 degrees inside to 36 degrees in one night.
Yeti and I hanging out on the top bunk of the yurt. Essentially there were 3 sets of bunks that we all piled into. It was shall we say cozy with six people and 3 dogs!
A real life IGLOO! Yup there was one that someone had already made outside of our Lily Lake Yurt. I thought it was pretty cool. Only downside is the roof had collapsed in. Regardless it was pretty big once you crawled inside.
Yeti Norman post epic 5+ hour ski tour with Troy, Mudeck, and Norman. He kept up the whole time doing laps with Norman and even went for a snowshoe with me once he got home. Not to shabby for a senior pup!
Yeti and I in front of the Ridgeline Yurt...we are about to snowshoe our way back to the cars.
The Snowkitty headed back to the vehicles. I spotted it on my walk back and snapped a quick pic of it.
This pic is actually from when we first arrived at the trail head. We ended up taking the snowkitty, snowmobile, and Troy's homemade sledzilla. Quite ridiculous the amount of stuff we took with us. Carrie and I walked in and out of the yurt...which leads me to draw one conclusion...boys and their toys...as the two of us girls were completely out numbered on this trip!
So Long Lilly Lake. It was great and I hope to be back soon to ski, snow shoe, and relax once again!
No comments:
Post a Comment