Thursday, January 28, 2010

Salt Lake City Magazine

Here is a copy of the article Salt Lake City Magazine did of me recently. They were taking an angle of local Olympic Athletes in local hot spots. Here in Salt Lake there is a pretty good chance that the average person is standing next to an Olympic athlete in the checkout lane of the grocery store or coffee shop. The article came out in the January/February issue of the magazine. I am featured at the Coffee Garden on 9th and 9th here in Salt Lake. This used to be my hangout back in the day when Marc and I did not have Internet here at the house. I would spend hours at the Coffee Garden getting my homework done for the various Internet classes I was taking at the University of Utah. Seemed to be a perfect setting for a story about me. The funny thing about this shoot was that Coffee Garden was PACKED when I showed up. (Come on now, it was like the one time Coffee Garden was packed in the middle of the afternoon on a Tuesday...really...really!) Talk about slightly embarrassing having to walk around in a skin suit in a coffee shop! Regardless, at least the photographers and editors jacked me up on caffeine. A pretty good trade off for this coffee lover! Thanks to Jeremy Pugh and Heidi Larsen for producing such a great article featuring local Olympians here in Salt Lake!

1 comment:

Emory Bryan said...

Hi Catherine
I'm glad I found your blog.
My name is Kelly Bryan. I am 9 years old. I picked you to follow through the Olympics as part of a school assignment. I have found lots of good information about you on the TeamUSA site, except one thing - How old were you when you started training for the Olympics?

Good luck at the Olympics!

Kelly Bryan
3rd Grade, Eliot Elementary
Tulsa, Oklahoma
emory.bryan@cox.net