Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Is it really 2010!


Ok everyone...I am really sorry that I haven't been posting lately. Things have just been crazy busy! Plus to top it off I've been a little lax in trying to get photos together to post. So I am going to bring everyone up to speed and promise that I will be posting more regularly! I guess you could call this my 2010 New Years Resolution!

Racing and focusing on qualifing for the Games has taken up a huge chunk of my time. In order to qualify for the Games I had to compete in 5 World Cups and be the top American in my respective distances to earn a starting position in Vancouver. This year has been unlike any other year in that every race that I competed in had importance. From the U.S. Trials in Milwaukee all the way to the World Cup finale in Salt Lake it has been 8 grueling weeks of staying on top of my racing, my focus, and being healthy. Thankfully I was, for the most part, completely successful in accomplishing all of this and qualified for the Olympics in the 3000m (my favorite race) and the Ladies Team Pursuit! For the time being we are training really hard and are back to hard work again, focusing on the final push to Vancouver!

No comments: