
I LOVE the Olympic Training Center in CHULA VISTA!
Every time I come here I just want to stay longer because it is so great. Chula Vista is located about 30 minutes outside of San Diego and literally about 10 miles (if that) from the Mexican border. We went here for a training camp at the end of May to get our summer training kicked off and get some good volume in. The camp was a blast. We got some serious miles in on our bikes, built up our strength in dryland, and had an overall good time doing it. One of the highlights of our trip was an afternoon spent out on an America's Cup Yacht. We as a team got to sale the yacht together and take in the beautiful San Diego Coast. Below are some pics of our adventures at sea.

The San Diego Coast line...how cool is that!

We got to see a battleship here at port.

Dear Lord...these two guys...Ryan and Justin, are in charge of the sail...how scary is that!

Chado....taking charge at the wheel of the boat....

Yes that is right that is Derek Parra...Olympic Gold Medalist...can't swim if his life depended on it! He had a life vest on just in case! Ha ha all he does is sink in the water!

Ross Flowers!

The guy in the back was the real captain telling us all what to do.

Now I promise this whole trip was not just about sailing around the San Diego coast. I promise we DID train. Here are the boys getting ready to go out for a skate. Most of the times the boys would inline skate behind the bikers, but a lot of times they were able to skate faster than we could ride. Really impressive these guys would easily skate for 40 + miles.

Chad always serious at practice. Getting ready for an endurance skate.

The one the only JOEY MANTIA! Joey is part of the Roller sports team and has some amazing accomplishments in the inline world. He came to our camp to see how we ice skaters trained...and we hope that he'll make the switch pretty soon. He is in my opinion a freak of nature and it was awesome to have him at our camp. He is incredibly positive, funny, and a beast when it comes to training. I hope that he makes the switch to ice soon and if he does he is one to watch!

Josh and Joey skating behind a cyclist on the Pacific Coast Hwy. This guy thought he was going to be able to drop these boys....dream on dude!

Like I said Chula is literally miles from the Mexican border. We almost made a wrong turn one day into Mexico....

Ahhh stairs! I won't lie this is like my most favorite workout. It is grueling and I love every minute of it!

After stairs you would think that we would all be completely wasted...but no Ultimate Frisbee called us! We have become pretty good at this game and normally play at least twice a week for warm up. Nothing like getting a bunch of uber competitive people together for a "friendly" game of Frisbee!

It is scary how similar these two are!
No comments:
Post a Comment