Saturday, September 19, 2009

STANLEY!

Hello Sawtooth's we have missed you! This past year Marc and I made a point of getting away for a long weekend together. With all of the much anticipated craziness that is to come in the following months I knew it was important for us to get away and send some "we" time together. With our schedules this is not an easy task, and we have not taken a long weekend together in over two years. Stanley, Idaho is one of our most favorite places to visit. It is an incredibly small town surrounded by the Sawtooth mountains and sits right on the Snake River. It is one of the most beautiful places that I have ever been, and it has been 3 years since our last visit. (Far to long in the Norman household!) We ended up escaping from Salt Lake and our crazy lives for 5 days! 5 days of camping, hiking, biking, and paddling! It was FANTASTIC we had so much fun together and I'm so thankful that we had the opportunity to get away!
Norman Family pic! All members accounted for!
Ahh, the Sawtooth's we love you!
Smell the flowers...they were gorgeous on our hike!
If you follow the river you never know what you might find around the bend......
How about an aue natural HOT SPRING! How beautiful is this! We found an amazing hot spring in pretty much the middle of now where. Stanley has several of these little hidden gems all over the place, but this was a new find for us and it was fantastic. The higher up we climbed the hotter the water got, but this was an incredible pool to hang out in and get refreshed!
Check out the muscles on that guy! He's trying to finish off what the beaver's left behind.
Even though we were on "vacation" I still had train while we were away. So that meant having to complete the dreaded Derek Parra Jump Program solo....me a gazillion jumps and a 20 lb weight vest! It's all good I called in for reinforcements...I made Norman do the jumps with me too. While he was sans weight vest and only did half of the jumps that I did it was still nice to have someone else there with me suffering!
Post workout...Norman enjoying the view. He really does love this place!
Yeti was pretty tuckered out after the jumps too...after all he did follow me around for almost 30 minutes of lowwalks. He even tried to put a little pressure on me at the end, but I couldn't let him and his four wheel drive beat me!
Ahhh any time we cross the border...we always make sure to stock up on refreshing beverages to take home with us...gotta love Utah and their liquor laws!
One tired puppy. Not only did Marc and I have a blast but so did the most important member of the family. Yeti swam while I kayaked, ran while we hiked, and chased after us on our bikes. That was a serious weekend of fun for the little white doggy. So much so that he slept the whole 5 hour car ride home, all we heard from the back seat were occasional moans...I think his puppy muscles were a little soar!

No comments: