Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Stanley Park!

Normally when I travel I see the oval, shuttle bus, hotel, and that's it.  The life of skater isn't always that exciting.  I had been told by all my friends that I had to go and snoop around downtown Vancouver, and so I took them up on the offer.  I rented a car and a couple of us took off to go and see the city.  Given the fact that it has been such a long season for Ryan, Chad, and I, this was a great opportunity to have some fun in a new city.  
We went to Stanley Park and drove around.  This is a view from the park to the Vancouver Skyline.  Stanley Park was awesome.  It's about a 6/7 mile drive around the Park with an awesome bike/running path along the waterway.  I think it was the trip to Stanley Park that convinced me that Norman and I will be making a trip to Vancouver in the summer.  I would love to inline the park in our little pre Olympic training camp that we are planning together.  
These are the totem poles on the island.  The native heritage is prevalent throughout most of the city and here in the park. 
Chad goofing around in the park.
I found a sweet tree that if I was ever homeless I could live here!

No comments: