
As you all know I am a lover of the cup cake. It all started with a little cupcake joint up in Calgary called Crave, and the rest is history. I am not ashamed to admit that I have no problem spending $50 + on my Crave cupcakes, and will happily transport them on air planes to enjoy here at home. (In fact I'm pretty sure I still have a 1/2 dozen Crave Cup Cakes in my freezer!) Ever since I left Calgary I've been in search of the perfect Crave imitation. This past week I got an email from my friend Carrie, also a fellow cupcake fanatic, asking me if I wanted to go to a new joint here in town...So Cupcake. Never one to pass up a tasty opportunity we set the date for Friday. Eventually through all of our emails in the days leading up to the cup cake taste off we decided to get all the girls together for a good girls afternoon. We decided to snow shoe/ski up Mill Creek Canyon to work off a few calories before we indulged in our guilty cup cake pleasure. It was a great afternoon. Sheri, Carrie, Kelly, (the girls) Harley, Bode, Yeti (the four legged friends) and Cruz (our little dude) all headed up the canyon together and then afterward to So Cupcake. (Cruz was invited to the girls afternoon because he met the height requirement of still being under two feet tall.)

Once Cruz got the go ahead to eat his cupcake it was game on! That cup cake had no chance with this little guy.
Now for my critique of So Cupcake. First off this place is totally tucked away; keep your eyes pealed so you don't miss it. The shop is small but has a nice boutique feel to it. The staff is friendly and helpful and will give you the low down on all the flavors of cupcakes. Even though they don't tie your cupcakes up with a bow...a signiture move of Crave...they give you a mini Chinesse take out box for your to go minis! As for the cupcakes themselves. Pretty tasty, they come in large and mini's. The Mississippi Mud Pie cupcake...hmmmm good! I would have to say that overall yummy frosting, but I'm going to give the cake portion just an ok. Not as moist as I would have liked...although it was later in the afternoon by the time we arrived.
Here is the overall rating for a scale of 1 - 10...
Cake: 5 Frosting: 7.5 Shop: 8 Service: 8
So Cup Cake is definatly worth another trip back to try out their other flavored cupcakes. Like I said I never pass up a tasty opportunity!
No comments:
Post a Comment