So the New Year is upon us and for many it is a a time to reflect back on what has happened in the past year and what we would like to happen this coming year. I tend to do my thinking when I'm running or biking. It's an easy way to escape and figure out what is going on. (Sometimes these are nice and quick runs other times when there is lots to figure out...well, I've actually run for 3 hours and not even realized it.) Since there is plenty of snow on the ground this year...I've been doing a lot of running. I've had plenty to think about...and I guess I've come up with a few resolutions. I don't really like to call them resolutions because no one sticks to them...rather I'm calling this New Beginning's.
I'm pretty excited for the New Year because for some reason it does give me the feeling of getting a fresh start. This past year was full of lots of excitement, stress, and of course love. From each experience I've learned something new and learned more about myself. I guess I want to take a quick moment and thank all of those that were there for me this past year to help, love, and support me. You all know who you are!
I'm looking forward to this next year and all of it's excitement that it brings. I have some new opportunities that are before me that I'm very excited about, but have to wait until everything is finalized before spreading the word. The main thing that I am focusing on for this year is enjoying every moment of every day. In the face of frustration or stress, I'm going to focus on the positive and not on the negative. Above all I am going to be sure to have fun, be happy, and enjoy. (I hope that all of you can do the same!) These are all things that I have learned this past year for myself but also with a bit of encouragement from my cousin Patty. (She is an incredible inspiration!)
So for now I say good bye to 2008. Thank you for all of the lessons, love, and memories. Look out 2009 here I come!
I wish everyone a healthy and happy 2009 full of New Beginning's!
No comments:
Post a Comment