Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Miracles Really Do Happen....


Marc and I have lived in our Mt. House now for 1.5 years and we have come to love pretty much everything about it.  We love the winter, love the sunsets, and our surroundings.  Living up here does come with some hardships like snowmobiling or snowcating up in the winter, limited cell phone reception, no mail delivery, bear and cougar encounters, or no garbage pick up.  These are all things that we have come to accept as our choice of moving up here on the mountain, and have provided lots of interesting moments for us.  

There is one thing that has been, shall we say difficult, since we moved here was no internet service.  I mean zero, nothing, so long world we are no longer in it!  This has been a especially challenging for us and resulted in many extra hours at the oval, university, and various coffee shops across the valley.  

Since we moved in we have been trying hard to get the internet.  (Let's rephrase that sentence MARC has been working hard at getting the internet.  I have always referred to myself as a non believer!)  He has climbed various peaks in search of towers, played with various satellites in hopes of getting a signal, dragged extension cords literally thousands of feet up the mountain, climbed trees to hang the satellite dishes (of course by himself so if he fell to his death no one would find him till the snow melted in the spring), got scared by wild animals rustling in the dark hoping for an easy meal, and accepted defeat on many occasions.

Last week at 3 AM Marc finally succeed in scoring us the INTERNET!  (It really is a marvel.) He came running into our bedroom shouting at the top of his lungs that he had INTERNET.  While I was proud of my husband and happy for his accomplishment, all I could do was throw the covers over my head and roll over in bed.  (I love my sleep!)  Therefore bursting his fun bubble and leaving him to celebrate by himself in the dark.  (I did not score wife of the year points with that move.)  Marc and I are now connected to the outside world, and love it.  Feel free to send all the emails, instant messages, or skype as much as you want because we are connected to you world.  We spent the first night sitting on the floor of our bedroom surfing the net, and instant messaging one another.  (Why talk when we could message over the internet!)  The internet really is like crack and we just can't get enough of it!  

We are still working out some of the kinks in our system but pretty soon we will have a home phone and wireless throughout the house.  It is true Miracles Really Do Happen!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

The picture on top of your blog entry can't be seen. Is it a shot of an internet page perhaps? I am on the edge of my seat.
Carrie

Thesmiths said...

Sooo, Welcome to this century...What internet provider are we using and does family actually get and email address that will gets a response back??? Cat, Since my great brother probably didn't tell you my team at Blue Cross follows your blogs, they love you, but they really want to see more shots of "famous" skaters (though they couldn't name a single one)...and some really cute skater guys ... would you mind??? I mean why work if you don't have to???