Friday, August 15, 2008

Working around the Clock....We've got a deadline!

As some of you may know Marc and I have been undergoing some serious renovations at our house for our wedding reception.  We have been working as hard as we can during any spare moment that we have and are finally getting close to being finished.  Having a definate deadline of September 6 helps too.  This past summer we have renovated the inside of our house.  We have completely torn down old walls, put up new drywall, and then painted everything.  Our next project was re-staining the outside of our house.  I've come to realize that owning a log house is much more work than I thought it would be.  Our house needed a lot of TLC and in order to preserve the wood quality of our logs we needed to strip them down, preserve, and then re-stain them.  (This process doesn't stop at this year because next year we have to top coat them with a protective finish.  Crazy this project never ends!)  Re-staining has been a process that has required a lot of hours, corn...(yes corn and those of you coming to SLC will soon understand), sanding, clean up, and tested the communication levels between Marc and I. Some days we communicate well, and other days not, but at least we are always able to laugh about it in the end!  Below are a few pictures of all of our hard work on the house.  I have to give a quick thank you to our friends Troy and Sheri Davis who have been fantastic in helping us in any way possible to get these projects done. For that I am forever indebted to you two and will do my best to provide you with all the cupcakes and Klondike bars possible!  
This is a picture of the house complete stripped down to it's nature color. Bare wood here.
Marc working hard at sanding each individual log.  We had to smooth out each one.
Yes mom, that is me sitting on scaffolding about 40 feet in the air.  Not my idea of fun, notice the death grip I have going on here, but I had to step up and help out with all our projects.  Marc and I have since agreeded that we should never move scaffolding together ever again!  
One benefit to this project is that Marc got to rent heavy machinary and drive it around.  I've learned that boys think things like that are cool.
YETI, has been the supervisor of all projects at the Norman Mt. House.  He meets, greets, and sheds on all our various contractors that come in and out.  Although all this renovating has really cut into his ability to snooze throughout the day, and he is now creeping off to bed early without us to catch up on his missed zzzz's. 

No comments: