Friday, February 5, 2010

Cessna!


When we arrived at the Delta Hotel we were greeting by a super friendly group of USOC staffers! One of those friendly faces was Eric Parthens....(I got to know Eric during the Torino Games...super guy...fellow friend of canines.) Upon arrival, Eric, informed me that the Delta Hotel had a 6 month old, chocolate lab puppy, named Cessna waiting for me to arrive! Big shout out to the USOC and Parthens...always there to make sure their athletes are happy and prepared! Turns out one of the managers at the Delta Hotel recently got Cessna and brings her to work with her each day. Cessna stays with the Concierge and greets guests, and guests are also allowed to "borrow" Cessna while they are staying at the hotel. As you all know I didn't have to be told twice...play with a puppy...play with a chocolate lab puppy...I'm in!

In just under 48 hours we took her for two runs, and almost every meal that we had at the Delta. I believe that if we had her for the whole length of the Games she would come back to her owner perfectly trained. (Especially with Derek coaching this team!)
The aftermath of spending lunch time with us! Not to worry she had plenty of puppy energy the next day!

Ryan Bedford and I like to title this movie..."Speed Skater mauled by lab puppy and can't race in the Olympics!" It is hilarious!
C

No comments: