
AVALANCHE ! That's right we finally had an avalanche....Whoop! I drove home on the snowmobile, Monday evening, and as I came up to Rabbits Head Curve on our road...it finally happened...AVALANCHE! I know normal people don't find this very exciting, but come on I live on a mountain with Norman...I'll take any form of excitement here. I won't lie I slowed down and thought hmmmm am I actually going to be able to get over this on my sled? Thankfully Part- Time Mt. John had already driven over, and so I just hit the gas and followed his tracks. Cleared it! (And Norman thinks I'm helpless up here...give a sister some props!) Part of me feels like having a party right now...come on some people throw Summer Solstice or New Years party, but I'm thinking about throwing a Mt. Aire Avalanche Party!

Here are pics of the slide. Every year this section slides out, but we did not think it would happen this year because it's been such a low snow year.

The reason why this section of the road is called Rabbits Head is because of this rock formation. Everyone seems to think it looks a bit like a rabbit. Now you will all have to keep your eyes out for this rock band when you come up next time.
Hope that everyone is doing well.
No comments:
Post a Comment