This past weekend every member of the soon to be Norman family went away on a mini vacation. The only catch is that we did not spend any vacation time together. (Perhaps this is a trend for our future!) Mt. Man...aka Marc headed south on his motorcycle to Zion National Park. The outdoors were calling his name, and so it was time for him to getaway. In Zion Marc and our friend Moriss (or as we like to say Maurice') did manly man things like rappell, hike slot canyons, climb, and camp. (There is a reason why he is nick-named the Mt. Man.)
Yeti Norman, our dear four legged friend, left his humans for a weekend getaway with his foster humans and fellow four legged friend Rufus...the black dog. Rufus and Yeti spent the weekend hanging out in Big Cottonwood Canyon, and rumor has it they went skiing to continue their streak of pawing all mountain peaks across the Wasatch Front.
I flew home this past weekend back to the rocking Village of Elm Grove. My sister Jennifer and god-mother Jane Reed were hosting a bridal shower for me this weekend. They put together a fantastic luncheon with great food, drinks, cake, and of course company. It was really a wonderful afternoon. It is not often that I make it back to the village. It was so nice to be able to get home and spend time with friends and family. Jane and Jennifer themed the shower as an around the year event. Every guest was given a month, and surprised Marc and I with a gift that will certainly keep us busy and well prepared for every month at the mountain house. Marc and I were fortunate to receive gifts that ranged from cookbooks, flatware, plates, fireworks, gardening tools, and even snowmobiling gloves!
I would just like to take a moment and say thank you to everyone that attended. It was so wonderful to have you all there and get to enjoy a Sunday afternoon with you all. I've attached some photos from the shower, and again thank you to Jennifer and Jane for hosting.
Here is a picture of the cake that Jane and Jennifer ordered. All I kept thinking when it was in front of me was...hmmm yummy....thank god it is a rest week and I can have some!
2 comments:
Thanks for creating a blog! Now I can kind of stay in touch with you guys since you never call me anymore. Tell me you brought some of that cake back to UT....I want some. Great work on the Blog!!
Wow, Catherine, I love the blog! I read the whole thing and it is awesome. Looks like the shower in your home town was great. You look so happy. Arne and I are really excited about seeing you and the Mt. Man tie the knot. It's going to be so FUN!
Kerry
Post a Comment