Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Training Camp CHULA VISTA, CA


Greetings everyone from sunny Chula Vista.  Right now I am here for a 10 day intensive training camp.  In simple english that means boot camp!  Myself and the National Allround team are here for a little change of scenery, and also some good hard training.  We have three junior boys here training with us to get a "feel" for what it is like to train with the seniors and be part of our team.  I think it has been an interesting experience for these kids; and they are learning just how hard you have to train to get to the top of their sport.  So far we have done a ton of riding and weight lifting, but unfortunately we have only made it to the beach once.  Although it sounds like we will be at the beach on Friday and this girl is looking forward to hopefully surfing!  As many of you know my future job is to take over the USOC...don't worry Skinner I'm taking you with me strait to the top!  For many years I've said how I wanted to work for the USOC and that would mean being based in Colorado Springs, but after visiting Chula I think I might just move headquarters here. This place is great.  Very chill, laid back, incredible weather all the time, the ocean, and the beach. What more could you ask for...perfect working conditions here for staff and athletes. (Did I mention that I saw athletes getting massage treatments outside, under a tree...how great is that!) 
 
Brian Hansen one of our Juniors learned the hard way that being late means push-ups!

The team riding together in Chula Vista.







No comments: